- Evanna Lynch Bio - June 23, 2022
- Emma Thompson Bio - June 23, 2022
- Matthew Lewis Bio - June 23, 2022
Long ago, I decided that I only wanted souvenirs I would use. Most of the time, fun, kitschy things you get from a souvenir shop, gift shop, or random guy flagging you down on the street seem exciting at first glance just because they contain an image or reference to your vacation. At least, that’s how it was for me. But as soon as I came home, my vacation energy deflated; I asked why on earth I bought so. Much. Crap.
I mean, I don’t exactly have space or use for seventeen pieces of plastic, shirts I am afraid to wear, and trinkets.
Now I mostly walk away with shirts (I force myself to wear them even if they wear out over time), mugs, glasses, and books. These all fit nicely into my category of “things I will use.” So souvenirs and gifts come in the form of Harry Potter books, shirts, a recent trip to San Francisco to see the play, and glasses.
Let’s look at some of those glasses.
The bottom line up front: My favorite of the best Harry Potter glasses is the Morphing Mugs. Some of the others change color when liquid is added, but this is the only one that slowly transforms into an entirely different scene, precisely like Marauder’s Map. Hands down the coolest piece of magic among the best Harry Potter glasses.
My Top Picks
I would be remiss if I didn’t include my other top picks because I certainly can’t settle on just one.
- I love the detail and uniqueness of the Wizard Glass Cup with straw and lid. There is a different glass for each of the Hogwarts classes, complete with a fun set of corresponding images. If you can invest the money in all of them, you will have a great collection that is unlike any of the other details included on this list of the best Harry Potter glasses.
- Get the hi-ball bubble base glass set for at-home drinking (of the adult variety). I like this because it’s a gift set. You save about one-third of the cost if you buy a gift set of all three, and you really should because all three are perfect laser etched glassware for everyday adult drinking.
When choosing the best Harry Potter glasses, I picked thematic things, with a combination of Harry Potter glasses that would be suitable for children and some fun glassware for adults. There’s no reason whole families can’t enjoy the world of Harry Potter glasses.
I also ensured that they were high quality, but they wouldn’t break if you sneezed on them. Glasses are often prone to breaking if you aren’t careful with them, especially when hand-washing. I didn’t want anyone to invest in Harry Potter glasses, only to break them in their hand.
Best Harry Potter Glasses
With that selection criterion in mind, I have included a wide range of the best Harry Potter glasses, perfect for people looking to add to their bar, their kitchen, or give away as a gift.
Spoontiques Deathly Hallows Stemless Glass
The Spoontiques Deathly Hallows Stemless Glass is absolutely beautiful. This is a stemless Harry Potter glass with black at the bottom, and as you transition up the glass, the color morphs into a swirling blue, then white, almost like a Pensieve.
It is designed around the Deathly Hallows. Not only does it have a beautiful rendition of the Deathly Hallows image, but it lists the three brothers at the top with scrollwork designating the different powers they each wanted. The rim of the stemless glass is lined in the same gold as the design on the outside, which adds an extra bit of class.
- It can hold 20 fluid ounces.
- This glass is perfect for adults, understated but classy.
- It has gold rims and gold foil accents which are stunning.
- It is stemless, which not everyone likes (especially if alcoholic beverages are being served and a house guest gets a little too loose with their grip… on second thought, just don’t let house guests touch them).
- You must hand wash only. No dishwashers here.
Harry Potter Icons 20-Ounce Stemless Glasses | Set of 2
For those who want something subtle and not as mainstream, there are the Harry Potter Icons 20-Ounce Stemless Glasses | Set of 2. This set has two different images. The first is the deathly hallows, in a thick line without any flourish. The second is the Voldemort symbol, with the skull and snake. Both are laser etched in white until you add a cold beverage, then they turn black.
They are durable and made with thick glass. The best part? They can go in the microwave AND the top rack of your dishwasher. These might be the only glasses on this list that can make that claim to fame.
- You get unique, understated Harry Potter glasses.
- They hold twenty ounces.
- They change color when you add liquid.
- The design is very simple.
Harry Potter House Crests
Consider the Harry Potter House Crests set if you want glasses perfect for kids. These are a tumbler set, so they are meant for your everyday beverage consumption. You get a set of four, one for each house. You can’t use them for hot beverages, but cold lemonade, soda, or water is just fine. They hold ten ounces, and when they are gone, *drumroll* you can put them in the dishwasher! Woohoo!
- You get one of each house (but if you have kids who are in the same house, that might be a problem).
- They hold ten ounces.
- They are dishwasher safe!
- They have an easy-grip handle for better security.
- I don’t particularly like the pattern in the background; it’s too much for my eyes.
Harry Potter Hogwarts Color Changing Glass
There are many options for Hogwarts glasses, but this Harry Potter Hogwarts Color Changing Glass might be my favorite. Why?
Because it changes colors as you add liquid to it, looking exactly like real magic, I’m childish enough to truly love the simple things in life, like a cup that changes colors.
What’s more, it’s a goblet-style glass. I have a collection of over 25 different types of glasses in my bar, over half of which are designated solely for one type of mixed drink. But out of all of them, goblet-style glasses seemed the most magical to me. It doesn’t hurt that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is an actual goblet.
Customers have stated it’s very sturdy, with a thick base and thicker stem, but even clumsy adults can manage it, and it’s excellent value for the cost.
- When you add a cold drink, it changes colors and goes from black and white to colorful.
- It is an officially licensed Harry Potter product.
- You get the iconic Hogwarts crest on the top.
- It is a goblet, which lends itself to magic.
- You must hand wash it.
- You only get one per order.
Color Changing Wizard Sorting Castle Beer Can Glass
Let’s stick to the color-changing-glasses-make-happy-like-a-kid-on-Christmas-morning theme and look at the Color Changing Wizard Sorting Castle Beer Can Glass.
That name is certainly a mouthful, but realistically these best Harry Potter glasses come in individual colors in 16 or 20-ounce options, OR you can pick “random” from the color and size and be surprised. Add-on options include clear, reusable straws or bamboo lids with built-in straws.
They look just like mason jars but without all those at-home fermentation markings along the body. Instead, they are clear, round glasses that you can use for iced coffee, beer, soda, water, lemonade, or anything else.
Whatever you use, when you add cold liquid, the otherwise white silhouette of Hogwarts magically turns color. Eeeeee! Insert happy childish squeaks here.
You can choose any of the four house colors: red, yellow, green, or blue. You want to pick the one that aligns with your house.
- These are handmade with laser etching that turns colors. Real magic.
- They hold 16 ounces.
- You can add the bamboo lid and clear straw (also wash by hand) if you want to convert it into a travel cup.
- You have to wash them by hand (no dishwasher for us lazy people).
- The etching is just a silhouette of the school, no matter what house color you choose.
Wizard Glass Cup with Straw and Lid
If you want something with more detail than a silhouette, consider the Wizard Glass Cup with straw and lid. This is pretty impressive, I will say. There are a few options. You pick one that has to do with the class you like the most. Whatever class you pick has a set of corresponding cartoon images very similar to the Funko Pop images scattered across the glass. Each image has a corresponding letter, and at the bottom of the glass, there’s a list of what each letter corresponds to. It looks exactly like a breakdown of a map or illustration.
There is so much detail included in each class you certainly won’t be disappointed. For example, if you pick divination, it features things like the leaves, floating candles, the Grim, the school textbook they use, a teapot, and more.
What’s more, the glasses are not clear but fogged, so they look like magic. You can add personalization if you want your name on the back of the glass, like your name.
- It holds up to 16 ounces.
- You can personalize it with a name and lid combo.
- You can use hot or cold drinks with this glass.
- The detail is astounding.
- You have to wash it by hand or risk ruining the images.
Harry Potter Quidditch “You’re A Catch” Teardrop Stemless Wine Glass
Consider the Harry Potter Quidditch “You’re A Catch” Teardrop Stemless Wine Glass for something Harry Potter-themed, but not a direct Harry Potter crest. I love how flirty and fun this is while still being Harry Potter. It has the elements from Quidditch on it and says, “you’re a catch.” Cute.
- It holds twenty ounces.
- It is a beautiful gift that sends a personal message and a Harry Potter theme.
- The bottom is dipped in gold which adds a beautiful, sparkling flare.
- You only get one at a time.
- You have to wash it by hand.
Mimosa Personalized Champagne Flutes
When I had my last Harry Potter party, I didn’t know they had these Mimosa Personalized Champagne Flutes. However, I printed out Harry Potter stickers with the same text and put them on disposable plastic cups. Now I know what to invest in for the next party.
So why are these so cool? Firstly, you get beautifully designed champagne flutes. I included these in the best Harry Potter glasses list because they are laser engraved and provide a frosted look. The text is a fun play on one of the scenes from the books.
In the scene, Hermione is lecturing Ron for mispronouncing a spell. She tells him it’s “LeviOsa, not LeviosA.” The exact text is used for the champagne flutes but applied to the word mimosa.
- The frosted text is subtle but unique.
- You get to have a set of two glasses that are perfect for weekend mimosas.
- Delivery takes a couple of weeks because it is handmade before it ships, so plans ahead.
- You have to hand wash them (like just about everything on this list).
Wizard Engraved Inspired Hi-Ball Bubble Base Glass
The Wizard Engraved Inspired Hi-Ball Bubble Base Glass has three options: The first is an etching of the Leaky cauldron with an image and date of establishment, and the second is a beautiful asked label of Polyjuice Potion, and the third is for Felix Felicis.
These are laser etched, so, like everything else, you have to wash them by hand, but they are designed for professional use, so the glass is very thick, and the bottom has a weighted curvature that prevents them from spilling. If you compare these to the design of the Goblet or the Mimosa champagne glasses, you’ll notice that the others have a very flat, thin bottom with a long, thin stem, so when you sit them down, they can more easily top over one way or the other. With these hi-ball glasses, you don’t have that problem.
- You can buy one individually or save a lot and buy all three as a set.
- They are sturdy enough that they can be used professionally.
- There is a nice weight to the bottom of the glasses to prevent them from accidentally being knocked over.
- You can fit 13 ounces in them.
- Since these come from the UK, you have extra customs and shipping charges if you are ordering from the US.
Seven20 Harry Potter Marauder’s Map 8-Oz Highball Glasses | Set of 4
If you want a set, then consider the Seven20 Harry Potter Marauder’s Map 8-Oz Highball Glasses | Set of 4. These are official Harry Potter merchandise, and instead of having unique etchings on the front, all four have the Marauder’s Map in gold.
- You get a set of four glasses.
- They are bright gold in color.
- They only hold eight ounces.
- You cannot put them in the dishwasher or microwave.
Felix Felicis Shot Glass
The Felix Felicis Shot Glass is, of course, a shot glass. The best Harry Potter glasses don’t have to just be mason jars or fancy wine glasses. Adults everywhere can appreciate the thematic ties between liquid luck and shots.
Of course, you don’t need to consume alcohol to use these collectible items. They can easily hold candies, toothpicks, and candles or serve as a Harry Potter-themed gift. Customers have reviewed that they are incredibly durable, with thick glass and a sturdy base, and they don’t fade over time.
- It is dishwasher safe (woohoo!).
- They are printed with high-quality ink, so they won’t fade or chip over time.
- You only get one each, so if you want a set, you have to buy more than one.
Harry Potter Shot Glass-I Solemnly Swear-Mischief Managed
If you want to go another route, why not mix things up and add some of the Harry Potter Shot Glass-I Solemnly Swear-Mischief Managed glasses to your collection. These are dishwasher safe, but instead of the Felix Felicis on the front, it has a pair of eyeglasses and the classic words from the Marauder’s Map.
- Great gift and thematic.
- Reviews state that it is very durable.
- You can put it in the dishwasher.
- I don’t know why it has Harry’s glasses and not something from the Marauder’s Map.
Speaking of the Marauder’s Map, this Marauder’s Map morphing mug has some of the coolest magic behind its design. When the glass is at regular room temperature, it has an image of parchment with the beige parchment color on which the words “mischief managed” appear. Once you add ice-cold liquid as if by actual magic, parts of the Marauder’s Map, the front cover, footprints, and other images appear.
I love how it changes, but more importantly, it doesn’t change immediately. Once you add cold water, you have to wait, and a little bit at a time, images and pieces appear across the entire span of “parchment,” but it happens over about 1 minute, a little bit at a time, which truly does make it look like magic.
- It magically morphs with cold liquid in it, in accordance with the Marauder’s Map.
- It has a large, stable base.
- It is not microwave safe, but it is very durable and easy to clean.
- It is sixteen ounces, so it can hold a large beverage.
- You have to wash it by hand.
Answer: When you buy glassware, it will come with instructions on how to wash it. Usually, there are markings on the bottom of the glass that indicate whether it’s safe for dishwashers. However, since all of these have some designs on them, I would strongly advise you to take the extra few minutes and wash them by hand. I say this as someone who will do just about anything to put glasses in the dishwasher out of pure laziness.
My tip for the taller glasses, especially the wine glasses in the highball glasses, if you can’t reach to the bottom and you get any type of sticky residue in the glass, is to stab your sponge with a fork and use the fork the push the sponge down, twisting it around the inside bottom part of the glass until it comes clean.
Answer: They are perfectly safe for any drink. I would advise against pouring hot beverages in the glass unless the specific glassware indicates it is acceptable.
Answer: Each set is different. Some manufacturers sell official Harry Potter glasses that come in sets of four, especially where house themes are concerned, but you often find fancier glassware that comes individually. It should make it very clear how many you get per package.
The bottom line up front: My favorite of the best Harry Potter glasses is the Morphing Mugs. There are plenty of fun Hogwarts crest goblets or glasses that change color when you add liquid, but I love the way this one looks like a piece of parchment was just wrapped around your glass and changes slowly over one minute or so, to reveal the map. Thankfully, though, there are glasses for everyone, from champagne glasses to shot glasses to regular kid glasses you can throw in the dishwasher.
Check Out the 12 Best Harry Potter Puzzles for All Skill Levels